We respect your privacy and we are committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice informs you about how we look after your personal data which you may have provide to us and it tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
This notice contains the
following sections, please click on each one to navigate through the document
or scroll through them. Also, please note that the Glossary will help you to
understand the meaning of some of the terms used in this privacy notice:
1. Important information and who we are
2. The data we collect about you
3. If you fail to provide personal data to us
4. How is your personal data collected
5. How we use your personal data
6. Disclosures of your personal data
7. International transfers
8. Data security
9. Data retention
10. Your legal rights
12. Contact details
13. Changes to our privacy notice
this privacy notice
It is important that you read this privacy notice. It aims to give you information on how we collect and processes your personal data when you use this site or make an enquiry, book a lesson or sign up as a member. Please note, this website is not intended for children – children wishing to train in Martial Arts will require their parents or legal guardian to contact us.
We are the controller and responsible for your personal data provided through this website.
We have appointed a data privacy manager who
is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If
you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to
exercise your legal rights, please contact the data privacy manager using the
details set out below.
Our details are: Kung Fu Schools Croydon
Data Privacy Manager
Email address: Team@KungFuSchools.co.uk
Postal address: Units 39-41 Capital Business Centre, 22 Carlton Road, South Croydon. CR2 0BS
Telephone number: 020 8916 2102
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer
different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together
- · Identity Data includes data which you provide via our enquiry form or membership agreement, such as first name, last name, marital status, title, date of birth and gender including such data in respect of any child who is intended to be the student and you are the parent or guardian.
- · Contact Data includes email address and telephone numbers.
- · Training Data includes details of attendance at tuition, and gradings/assessments undertaken,
- · Health data.
- · Technical Data includes [internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website].
- · Profile Data includes[your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses].
- · Usage Data includes [information about how you use our website, products and services].
- · Marketing and Communications Data includes [your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences].
- · Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- · Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
We also collect and use Aggregated Data such
as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be
derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as
this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. However, if we
combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can
directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal
data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
Where we need personal data by law, or under
the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when
requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to
enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In
this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but will
notify you if this is the case at the time.
We use different methods to collect data from
and about you including through:
Direct Interactions - You may give us your data by filling in a form or by corresponding with us by post, phone or email. This includes personal data you provide when you:
· Attend a trial lesson with us.
· Enquire about our products or services.
· Subscribe to our publications.
· Request marketing to be sent to you.
· Give us some feedback.
· Enter into an agreement with us for tuition.When you attend a lesson or grading event.
technologies or interactions - As
you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data
about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal
data by using cookies and other similar technologies. Please see our cookie
policy for further details.
Third parties - We may
receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below:
· Technical Data from the following parties including analytics providers such as Google Analytics, and advertising networks such as Google AdWords and Facebook.
· Contact, Financial and Identity Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services such as Nest Management Limited.
· Contact and Identity Data from providers of introductory services such as Nest Management Limited (Get Into Martial Arts).
We only use your personal data when the law
allows us to.
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways
we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to
do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where
Type of data
Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest
To add details to our database of prospective customers.
(C) Student Details
(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (To be able to respond to your enquiry).
Request health data prior to training to allow us to assess suitability to receive tuition.
(a) Relevant conditions
(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests.
(b) we will not store this data unless we have specific consent from you.
To add details to and update our customer management data bases and systems.
(c) Financial Data
(d) Transaction Data
(e) Training Data
(f) Purchases of pro-shop items
(a) Performance of a contract with you.
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests.
To manage our relationship with you which will include:
(b) Asking you to leave a review or take a survey
(d) Marketing & Communications
(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services).
To enable you to receive offers and information, other than answers to your enquiry or booking, providing you have opted in to that service.
(e) Marketing & Communications
(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them and grow our business).
To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests.
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
To deliver relevant website content to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of any notices that we provide to you.
(e) Marketing & Communications
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy).
To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences.
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy).
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
As described in
the table above, but please note that we may process your personal data for
more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are
using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal
ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one
ground has been set out in the table above.
We strive to
provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around
marketing and advertising.
Promotional offers from us - marketing
We may use your personal data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products and services may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You may receive
marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or
purchased services from us and, in each case, you have opted-in to receive that
You can ask us or third
parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by sending an email
to us or contacting us by phone or post. Where you opt out of receiving these
marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a
result of a service purchase, service experience or other transactions.
You can set your browser to refuse all or some
browser cookies, or to alert you when websites set or access cookies. If you
become inaccessible or not function properly. For more information about the
We use Google Analytics cookies to help understand how visitors engage with our website. Google uses a set of cookies to collect information and report website usage statistics without personally identifying individual visitors to Google ourselves.
We use Google Advertising
cookies to help make sure only relevant and interested parties see our web
advertisements. Google uses a set of cookies to collect information and serve
adverts over their network without personally identifying individuals to Google
We use Facebook Pixel to help
make sure only relevant and interested parties see our Facebook advertisements
Facebook uses a set of cookies to collect information and serve adverts over
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an
unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which
allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal
data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules,
where this is required or permitted by law.
We may have to share
your personal data with those set out below for the purposes set out above.
· External Third Parties as set out in the Glossary.
· Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third
parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in
accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to
use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process
your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our
7. International transfers